Sunday, October 23, 2016

Ask Linda #1406 revisited

Dear readers,
A reader from India wrote an explanation of how to record scores when playing 18 holes on a 9-hole course that I feel is clearer than my answer to #1406. I am printing it below for you, and I have added it to the original column.

Dear Linda,
In most 9 hole courses, the second 9 is played from a different Tee Box which is slightly displaced from the first nine Tee Boxes. And each hole has an allotted Stroke Index from 1 to 18. So no matter which hole you start from, the holes are played in the correct order and score recorded accordingly. E.g., if one starts from Hole#5, the card is marked Hole # 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,1,2,3,4.
This is good irrespective of the format of play of a competition----Stableford, stroke play, against par and so on.
Hope I have made myself clear.
Regards and thanks
Lou from Pune, India