Saturday, November 7, 2015

Help Send Linda to Rules School

Dear readers,

Every year the USGA offers a 3½ day workshop on the Rules of Golf. This is a very intense and detailed review of the Rules and Decisions, and is also a very expensive proposition.

This is a particularly important year to attend the PGA/USGA Rules of Golf Workshop. The Rules and Decisions are revised every four years, and 2016 is a revision year.

I would like to attend this year’s workshop so that my answers to your questions will be as up-to-date and accurate as possible. The workshop at the USGA Golf House in Far Hills in January filled up in less than five days (I am #19 on the wait list). If they don’t reach my name, I will attend the workshop offered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, at the end of February.

The cost of the workshop is $350. When you add in four nights in a hotel and meals, I might be looking at a price tag somewhere around $900 (the recommended hotel at Valley Forge charges $129 per night). I should be able to cut the hotel bill in half if I find a suitable homestay via airbnb.com, lowering the cost to about $650. 

So…I am writing to ask whether some of you might be willing to send a few dollars my way to help me pay for this workshop. Please keep your donations small – if everyone chipped in as little as one dollar the cost would be more than covered. (I will send a notice to stop sending contributions if the $650 goal is reached.)

You may send your contributions via PayPal, using my e-mail address: LLMillerGolf@gmail.com. If you prefer to send a check, let me know and I’ll send you my address.

If you decide to help, please keep your contribution small. I would like this to be a community effort.

Regards,

Linda