Thursday, April 14, 2016

Ask Linda #1285-Ball in aeration hole on green

Dear Linda,
During a round at my local golf course my ball came to rest in an aeration hole made by the greenkeeper when he had hollow tined the greens.
My playing partner said I could move the ball out of the hole. I disagreed with this, as I believe there is no relief from a hole made by the greenkeeper unless it is deemed as ground under repair. Would you please confirm if I made the correct decision?
Lou from Essex, England 

Dear Lou,

An aeration hole is not a hole made by a greenkeeper [Decision 25/15]. You are not entitled to move your ball out of an aeration hole unless the Committee has adopted the Local Rule for relief from aeration holes [Appendix I, Part A, #3d].

Linda
Copyright © 2016 Linda Miller. All rights reserved.