Thursday, September 20, 2018

Ask Linda #1806-Hit provisional twice, then find original

Linda,
If I hit a provisional ball, and I hit it a second time, and then I find my original ball, which is the ball I continue to play?
Lulu from Massapequa, New York

Dear Lulu,

You may hit your provisional ball as many times as necessary to reach the area where your original ball is likely to lie. Once you reach that area, you may begin searching for your original ball. If you find the original, you must discontinue play with the provisional and finish the hole with the original. If you hit the provisional from the area where your original is likely to lie, or from a spot closer to the hole than that area, your original is lost under the Rules and you must finish the hole with the provisional.

Linda
Copyright © 2018 Linda Miller. All rights reserved.