Thursday, September 6, 2018

Ask Linda #1797-Put new ball into play on tee

Linda,
I was sure I was correct after having a little difference with another player who questioned switching balls on the tee. He mentioned something about having to get permission from other players. I very calmly said that's after you tee off and if the ball is damaged.
On another note, should I be tossing all my old rulebooks?
Lou from St. Augustine, Florida

Dear Lou,

A player may put a new (different) ball into play at the start of each hole. Assuming no lost or damaged balls, he could play his 18-hole round with 18 different balls.

Don’t toss out your current rulebook until midnight, December 31. You might want to keep it around for old times’ sake.

Linda
Copyright © 2018 Linda Miller. All rights reserved.