Monday, December 19, 2016

Ask Linda #1441-How to post when you play at least 13 holes

Hi Linda,
The other day I played 14 holes when my playing partner became ill. I posted my score but want to verify if I did it correctly. I am a 19 handicap, therefore I would get one stroke per hole and 2 for the number one handicap hole on the course. None of the last 4 holes was the number one handicap hole, thus I took par plus one stroke for the last 4 holes. In this case they were 3 par 4’s and 1 par 3, so I added 19 strokes to my score. Was this correct?
Thanks,
Lou from New Jersey

Dear Lou,

Absolutely! Good job, Lou.

Players governed by the USGA handicap system must post an 18-hole score whenever they play a minimum of 13 holes, recording par plus their handicap strokes for the holes not played.

Linda
Copyright © 2016 Linda Miller. All rights reserved.