Monday, December 3, 2018

2019 Major Changes – four websites

Dear readers,

Below are four links to sites that explain the major changes to the Rules of Golf that will be in effect on January 1. The first is an easy-to-read summary that briefly tells you the old Rule, the new Rule, and adds a comment. It does not include as much detail as I would like, but if you haven’t read about any of the changes yet this is a painless introduction.

The second is a thoughtful and detailed explanation of the old Rule, the new Rule, and the reasons for each change. This is a USGA document. I suggest that you take the time to read it. 

The third is a succinct list of the changes, followed by a series of links to videos and detailed explanations put together by Barton on Sea Golf Club. This site was shared with me by a reader who secured permission for me to publish it on this blog.

The fourth is a series of videos and explanations provided by the USGA and R&A that should make all the major changes quite clear. I would like all my readers to click on every topic, watch every video, and read the accompanying explanations. This will take a bit of time, but it is well worth the effort. 

I will not publish any columns about the new Rules this week to allow you time to read and digest the information on these sites.