Wednesday, December 12, 2018

2019 Rules – Rule-by-Rule Changes, Starting Tomorrow

Dear readers,

I have reviewed the 2019 Rules and Interpretations, and have written a document that contains some key features and most of the changes to the Rules of Golf. I have divided this document into ten sections, and will post the first section tomorrow. 

I have also included many of the rulings that were previously hidden in the Decisions book. This is not a complete list – I may have either not noticed or chosen to leave out some of the Rules transferred over from the Decisions book. Be aware that every aspect of these Rules is not spelled out here; please read each Rule in the rulebook for more complete information, but be aware that some relevant information may also be contained in the section on Committee Procedures in the Official Guide.

I welcome corrections, but no questions, please. I will let you know when I am ready to answer your questions (no later than February 1; probably sooner).

Regards,
Linda