Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ask Linda #664a-Playing left- and right-handed


So someone who plays right- and left-handed as their normal game should post these scores?  For example, I play 75 yards and in right-handed while the rest of my game I play left-handed. Just wanted to make sure this is legal as I sometimes have people suggesting that it is not legal.  I of course carry only fourteen clubs and abide by all other rules. 
Lou from Minnesota

Dear Lou,

There is no Rule that prohibits a player from being ambidextrous! If your customary golf game consists of a left-handed long game and a right-handed short game, this is a perfectly acceptable way to play golf and you should post your scores.

The Rules limit the number of clubs, not their orientation. You may carry right-handed wedges and putter alongside your left-handed irons and woods.

Linda
Copyright © 2013 Linda Miller. All rights reserved.