Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ask Linda #414-Unwanted assistance removing leaves

Hi Linda,
Whilst lining up a putt I used a leaf which was already on the green to determine my line (putt just to the left side of the leaf). Another player (not my playing partner) thought he was doing me a favour and removed the leaf. Can I ask him to replace it or can I replace it?     Thanking you…… Lou

Dear Lou,

You are entitled to replace loose impediments on the putting green that have been removed by another player.

Note: If a player removes loose impediments on the putting green after another player requests that he not do so, the consequences are serious – loss of hole in match play or two strokes in stroke play, and the player is entitled to replace the loose impediments [Decision 23-1/10].

Linda 
Copyright © 2012 Linda Miller. All rights reserved.